Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blogpost 3

How to make the children feel comfortable in the classroom?
     The readings have offered many different options in order to make the children comfortable in the classroom. I remember some of the classrooms I grew up in, the good and the bad. Some just felt like a prison cell. There weren't many posters or pictures on the plain, white walls, there were white name tags on the desk with our names written in black sharpie and similar name tags on our lockers. There weren't many colors and it just wasn't a warm and comforting room. One of the good classrooms I remember was very colorful, we had a class pet - a hamster - and each week one of the students took home the class teddy bear; you would then write about what you did with "Q Bear" and then share it with the class the following week. I envision my classroom to be very welcoming and fun. There will be lots of colors and pictures hanging all over the walls. I want to have a reading section with some bean bags and some of my favorite children's book. I definitely want to have a class pet, maybe a hamster or possibly a fish. I will make sure that it is very warm and inviting for the children and do my best to make them as comfortable as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment