Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Field Blog-HB (day 4)

    Coming into my final day of observing at HB, I was anxious to see how the day would go because we were supposed to go to Squires Valley again. When I was walking towards the classroom, I saw one of the teachers coming from the opposite direction, walking towards me. Something looked a little off I thought... She soon told me that she was going home sick so we were not going to Squires Valley and would just stay at school. There were a few kids who were out sick that day, so the other teacher said she'd be fine by herself. After Julie (Mrs. Harris) left, it was just Marisa (Mrs. Haverlock), me, and the students. I am glad I was there to help her out so she didn't have to be alone with them the whole time.
   We stayed in the classroom the whole time, which made the kids go a little bit crazy. We played with these bead type things that I did as a kid, so I really enjoyed doing that with them. I was really surprised as to how well they did with this activity. The beads are so little and you have to put them on tiny posts, I struggle with it a lot of the times, but they do have smaller fingers than I do.. I helped them pick out the colors they wanted to do, but mainly let them put them on their shape unless they really needed help. While we were doing this activity, Marisa left the classroom for a little bit to go grab a coffee, leaving me in charge of the kids. I liked that she was able to trust me with the kids for that short period of time, it made me feel more grown up... She soon returned and then it was time for lunch. They had lunch in the classroom because they had their individual lunches because they were originally supposed to go to Squires Valley. After lunch, they played for a little bit more and then they had a rest time, which was a nice and well-needed break.
    After a nap time, I helped the kids get up and get ready to go home. I also left around the time that they went home. I really enjoyed these field experiences and am excited to see where else JCU will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment